My Favorite Blessings

My Favorite Blessings

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ode to Fold


Do you ever feel like laundry is your life? I always have the hampers full. The question is are those clean clothes waiting to be folded or dirty clothes waiting to be washed? Sometimes it is hard to tell. Tuesdays are the days that I clean my house and run errands (because we don't do school on Tuesdays) so this is also the biggest laundry day of the week. Thank goodness for a wonderful husband who pitches in and helps me fold. He is not allowed to actually wash and dry the clothes but he is the resident folder of the laundry. I suspect it is because he knows that no one is going to be upset with him for sitting in front of the television if he is surrounded by clothes to fold. So he will often call me on Tuesdays and ask, "How many movies worth of laundry will you have by tonight? I was going to stop by the redbox." I told my kids the other day that, in addition to taking their shoes off when they come in the house, they now need to take off their clothes as well. We can only be dressed when we leave the house, because I am sick of laundry! So you might want to call before you stop by...

No comments: