My Favorite Blessings

My Favorite Blessings

Wednesday, January 16, 2008



Two Saturdays ago we went to the church with some friends to play games. Everyone had so much fun for the first hour and a half. Then the big boys started playing basketball while the little ones played games on the other end of the gym. Well, the basketball players came down the court and Aleise had her back to them. They didn't see her either and one of the adult guys stumbled over her and stepped on her leg. It didn't swell or bruise and she didn't really cry so we thought it was okay. Jessica tried to diagnose her from 600 miles away, we put comfrey packs on it and gave her tylenol. I took her to the chiropractor on Monday and he said he couldn't find a break. She still wouldn't put any weight on it by Thursday so I took her to an orthopedic surgeon. He x-rayed the leg and found a hairline fracture of her tibia just above the ankle. So my baby girl gets to wear a cast for six weeks! I feel so bad! She is a trooper though. After dragging her big old leg behind her while crawling for four days, she has already learned how to walk on it. She has to walk up on her toes because of the way it is cast. I call her Stumpy. Poor girl! (And I have no idea why some of my pictures turn out sideways! I'll work at figuring out how to fix that.)

1 comment:

Teri said...

I broke my leg at 3 years old! Still remember all the attention I received. Too bad! But she will survive!