My Favorite Blessings

My Favorite Blessings

Sunday, November 4, 2012

First Day 2012

I am really super late at posting this but here are pictures of our first day of school 2012!

 
Emily -- 6th, Noah -- 3rd, Aleise -- 1st.  

 
Porter is a freshman at Minico High School!  How did I get so old?!  He has transitioned very well from homeschool to high school.  He is taking Geometry, Honors English 10, Spanish, Physical Science, and Desktop Publishing.
 
I switched Noah and Aleise from IDVA to the local Minidoka Virtual Academy the end of September and it has literally saved me!  Now their school schedule matches Porter's so they have the same days off.  The program and curriculum are exactly the same but, instead of having three different teachers that live far away whom they will never meet and going to classes via the computer, they have a local teacher that comes TO OUR HOUSE two mornings a week to work on math and language with them!!  Just what I needed!  I was feeling so overwhelmed and burned out.  When I started homeschooling I had two kids and was only teaching one.  Now I have been at it for nine years and have five kids.  I have my hands full and I was really struggling.  The idea to call about MVA came from out of the blue and I am sure it was an answer to my prayers.  The first time Mrs. Chandler came out to teach, I went downstairs and just bawled!  Now I have a couple hours a week that my kids are doing their schoolwork and I can do the mom things that other moms do while their kids are in school.  In addition, I have a helper and a sounding board to help me educate my children so I don't feel like I am doing it all alone.  I still get to teach my kids this great curriculum in our own home but I don't feel so all by myself.  It is so fantastic!

No comments: