My Favorite Blessings
Sunday, September 21, 2008
AAARRRG!
I know it has been a long time, and here is why. A few weeks ago we kept getting all these weird power bumps while we were trying to do school. Annoying because they would shut everything down for a few seconds and then power up again. Well, about the fourth time that it happened, one of our computers powered up again to a blue screen that said the dreaded "Boot Device Error". I was crossing my fingers but I took it to the computer doctor this weekend and...did you guess it? The hard drive was ruined (I thought that is what surge protectors were for, to prevent these sort of things?!). Now the computer is up and running again with a new and improved operating system. Sadly, all my pictures, stored only on said computer (I know, I know, lesson learned!) are now gone forever. Makes me want to cry. And scream. And throw things. But instead I will be making a trip to the store for some jump drives asap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is aweful! I've had that happen to a few of my friends and every time it does, I tell myself to back up all my stuff just in case. I still haven't done it....
Post a Comment